Future of work 30 Nov 2017 5 min read
Working in a office is not only about work, it's about the people we share the space with. Here are the top 10 unspoken rules when working in a shared office space that will make you everyone's most favorite coworker!
1. When you’re on the phone, do not scream or gesture. Despite popular belief, it does not make your argument more convincing.
2. Instead of leaving post-it notes or sending slack messages to your coworker that sits next to you, try turning your head to talk to them in person.
3. Some things are best kept to yourself. Excessive chit-chat can lead to you telling your entire life story to coworkers who don’t necessarily care.
4. If you’re listening to music on your headphones, keep the volume down, or make sure it’s good music.
5. If you bring food into the office, take something no one else enjoys, like SPAM sandwiches. Then no one will steal your food!
6. Don’t come into work when you’re sick, unless you want the entire office to blame you for their cough or sneeze for the next month.
7. Only organize meetings when you can’t discuss it over email because pointless meetings will lead to hours of complaints.
8. Every day, come into the office a little earlier than your fellow coworkers, so you can show them who the boss’s favorite is.
9. You will never be too busy to clean after yourself in the office kitchen.
10. Lastly, you will carry the office on your back if you always offer to make coffee for everyone else. For extra gratitude, bring in donuts.
9 Tipps, die deine Produktivität und Motivation im Büro steigern
Wie kann ein gemütliches, clever-eingerichtetes Büro deine Produktivität steigern? Studien zeigen: In einem gemütlichen Büro zu arbeiten, kann die...
Interview with Robert Hinsch, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Torq Partners
For the third instalment in our office series, “What Does the Office Space Mean to You?”, Setting sat down with Robert Hinsch, Managing Partner and...
How to heat your office space this winter
As fall transforms into winter, and the energy crisis continues to worry people in the office and at home, many companies are asking a very simple...